Welcome back to the new school year at Pitt and welcome to the new University Times.
Over the summer, we’ve added a new editor, Susan Jones, and new writer, Donovan Harrell. Marty Levine also will continue to write for the UTimes.
Our goal is to cover the shared governance of the University, with particular attention to the Faculty Assembly, Senate Council and Staff Council; to look at the issues of importance to faculty and staff, and to tell the stories of the people who make Pitt work.
You can expect to see several regular features, some old and some new.
New content includes:
- Higher education headlines: A look at new in higher education from outside of Pitt that you might have missed.
- Publishing Clearinghouse: A list of recently published books, journals and more, along with book talks and events connected to Pitt. Authors are asked to submit items about their new works through the UTimes website. You can find the link to add a listing here.
- Also of Note: A roundup of faculty and staff accomplishments culled from the University’s many websites. These short items will be in addition to accolades.
Returning features include:
- Senate Matters and Staff Matters columns.
- Library Insider columns from the University Library System and the Health Sciences Library System.
- Teaching at Pitt column monthly from the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Tech Corner column monthly from Computing Services and Systems Development (CSSD).
- Letters to the editor. See the UTimes letters policy here.
As you can see, our small staff of three has a lot of ground to cover, so we need your help. Please let us know if there’s something or someone of interest in your school or department. You can submit news suggestions here.
And feel free to contact us directly. Visit our offices at Forbes Pavilion, 3525 Forbes Ave., or call or write us at:
- Susan Jones: 412-648-4294 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donovan Harrell: 412-383-9905 or email@example.com
- Marty Levine: 412-758-4859 or firstname.lastname@example.org