Nineteen faculty members have been added to the inaugural cohort of 24 affiliate scholars, now combining their areas of expertise to support Pitt’s Institute for Cyber Law, Policy, and Security. These affiliate scholars are drawn from the ranks of faculty at Pitt’s Swanson School of Engineering, School of Computing and Information and School of Law. They join a group that includes faculty from across the University, including the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences and School of Medicine.
The newest cohort brings with them a wide range of professional and scholarly research interests, including Alison Langmead’s study of digital and material culture, Kevin Abbott’s work with energy litigation and Gregory Reed’s work with the Energy GRID Institute.
“The most recent cohort of affiliate scholars broadens the experience and expertise within Pitt Cyber and strengthens our mission to apply research and teaching excellence from numerous fields to tackling cyber challenges,” said David Hickton, founding director of Pitt Cyber.
The following faculty members and researchers were named Pitt Cyber’s newest affiliate scholars:
School of Computing and Information
- Bruce Childers, Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives; Chair, Department of Information Culture and Data Stewardship; Professor
- Alison Langmead, Associate Professor, School of Information Sciences; Clinical Associate Professor, History of Art and Architecture, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences; Director, Visual Media Workshop
- Daniel Mosse, Professor
School of Law
- Kevin Abbott, Adjunct Professor
Swanson School of Engineering
- Mostafa Bedewy, Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering
- William W. Clark, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Dan Cole, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science; Director, Stephen R. Tritch Nuclear Engineering Program
- Wei Gao, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Alan George, Department Chair, Electrical and Computer Engineering; R&H Mickle Endowed Chair; Director, NSF Center of Space, High-performance, and Resilient Computing (SHREC)
- Jingtong Hu, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Alex Jones, Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering; Associate Director, NSF SHREC
- Katrina Kelly-Pitou, Manager, Strategy and Business Development, Center for Energy and Energy GRID Institute
- Howard Kuhn, Adjunct Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering
- Gregory Reed, Director, Center for Energy and Energy Grid Institute; Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Götz Veser, Nickolas A. DeCecco Professor, Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering; Associate Director, Center for Energy
- Brian Vidic, Executive Director, Research Operations and Business Engagement
- Christopher Wilmer, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
- Judith Yang, William Kepler Whiteford Professor, Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
- Bo Zeng, Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering
Pitt Cyber affiliate scholars will continue to pursue their research in their respective fields of study while collaborating within the institute and across the University.
The first group of 24 affiliate scholars was named in November and the institute anticipates welcoming additional colleagues from across the University this spring.