Register online for Pitt Day in Harrisburg, which has a new date — May 23 — after being postponed from March 20 due to the weather. It’s the Pitt community’s prime chance to tell state legislators about the University’s impact and urge their continued support.
Transportation from each Pitt campus and meals are provided. Attendees will have opportunities to deliver Pitt promotional packets to legislators, tour the Capitol, visit exhibits, participate in a career panel with Pitt alumni in government and attend a dessert reception.
If you’re attending from the Pittsburgh campus:
- Plan to arrive no later than 6:45 a.m. at the William Pitt Union to board the bus by 7 a.m.
- Parking in the garage under Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum will be validated.
- Dress is business casual; wearing Pitt colors is encouraged.
- Participants will arrive in Harrisburg at 10:30 a.m.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided, as well as light fare at the reception prior to departure.
- Buses typically return to campus between 7:30 and 8 p.m.
If You Cannot Attend
Making the trip to Harrisburg isn’t the only way faculty and staff can support and lend force to the impact of Pitt Day. Those who can’t attend in person are urged to contact legislators on or around May 23 via phone or email, or to visit their local legislative office, which can be arranged with the help of CGR staff. On Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other online social media platforms, hashtags for the day are #PittDay, #WithPitt and #PAwins.