Wednesday, September 19, 2018
The University's many websites are usually bursting with news about faculty and staff. Each issue, we'll publish an aggregation of that content so you can see what your colleagues are doing.
- Viktoria Harms, lecturer in the Dietrich School's Department of German, has been selected by the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG) and the Goethe-Institut as one of the 2018 recipients of the AATG/Goethe-Institut Certificate of Merit for outstanding achievement in furthering the teaching of German in schools of the United States.
- Chemistry Professor Sanford Asher is the recipient of the 2018 International Conference on Raman Spectroscopy (ICORS) Raman Lifetime Award. The award was presented during the organization's annual conference in South Korea.
- “Making Montgomery Clift,” a documentary by Dietrich School Film and Media Studies Program Professor Robert Clift, will have its world premiere in September at the L.A. Film Festival, which runs Sept. 20-28.
- PittPharmacy faculty member Shilpa Sant has received an award from the National Cancer Institute entitled “Three-dimensional organoid models to study breast cancer progression.” This grant is funded by the NCI under the Cancer Tissue Engineering Collaborative research program to support the development and characterization of state-of-the art biomimetic tissue engineered technologies for cancer research.
- Hrvoje Petek, R. K. Mellon Chair in Physics and Astronomy and Professor of Chemistry, received the Ahned Zewail Award in Ultrafast Science and Technology from the American Chemical Society. Recipients will be honored at the awards ceremony on Tuesday, April 2, 2019, in conjunction with the 257th ACS National Meeting in Orlando